1. Vocabulary Test is on Friday, Nov. 22, 2013
2. Main idea and summarizing assessment in ELA is Friday, Nov. 22, 2013
3. Please return report cards with parents’ signatures.
4. Student Council Applications are due by December 4, 2013.
5. Next week, the students will be out for Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday-Friday. Happy Thanksgiving!
Standards: ELA–RI.5.2 determine two main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details. SS-understanding how learning about our past will help us understand our present world and RI.5.2-determine two main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details
Monday, Nov. 18th-No homework
Tuesday, Nov. 19th-ELA; complete Spelling story, work on Unit 5 Vocabulary Workshop activities (due on Friday)
SS-complete text connections (Enrichment-Lincoln Delivers the Gettysburg Address) and practice for the play Alexander the Great
Wednesday, Nov. 20th- SS-Jr. Scholastic crossword and Reading a Timeline ELA-determine main ideas
Thursday, Nov. 21st-ELA-determine main ideas, complete Unit 5, study for Unit 5 test, rehearse lines for the play “Christmas Truce.”
Standards: RI.4.2-determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details
Tuesday-SS-complete text connections and read pages 2-4 in Jr. Scholastic
Wednesday-ELA-determine main idea and SS-Jr. Scholastic read pages 10-13
Thursday-ELA determine the main idea and complete text connections. (This Day in History)
Friday-No homework! Have a Great Weekend!!